After clearing story mode I, you can choose to do Normal mode, or Solo mode.
Normal mode: Higher loorate. No player limits.
Solo mode: 25% less Health, 25% less damage, 25% less experience. Must solo bosses completly! no healers, blockers or anyone else.
If you like to teamplay with friends or other players, then the normal option would be best for you. Prefer to solo? you get it.
Some story mode fights require fully 1 vs 1 combat or require x amount of kills, also some chapters battles cannot be interfered by other players (damaging/trapping/luring etc)
if they aren't on the same chapter. Doesn't matter if you are doing normal or solo mode. So a team is not always a solution.
The target localizer is not always fully accurate! do not expect it to show you ever detail. But in some cases it may spoil stuff like pick holes if you are nearby. So the trick is
to use it often(hotkey) and make use of your exploration sense.
Even though target localizer shows you the way to the missions, some chapters need to be 'found'. Which you will most likely see somewhere near your current chapter mission or
what you will notice accidently anywhere while exploring around..
With the boss hunter's book you can see which bosses you have killed, and which not. Not all bosses appears in story mode...
some only by raid.. or are hidden on the map.
Chapter 1: Tutorial Island
hi » repaired » yes
• Beware! The bears are stronger then you are used to! So don't try to fight more at the same time!
• Do not hesitate to spam your spells as food will instantly heal you, aside the full recovery on level advancements.
Walk the ramp up, and walk your way through the bears. Go ramp down. You will be now between the mountains next to the sea. Find the stairs to the bear cave, As the spawn is small
it is barely hard to miss.
Click on the sleeping bear, it will only work if you have a medicine pouch. Congratulations with your outfit. Go to Maximus to report about the mission. You will be now about level 20.
hi » Mission » yes
• Most creatures in the cave won't drop food.
• Skeletons are weak but can swarm easily with their summons, do not let them break your shield/trap you.
• Ghouls combo hard, try not to fight more then one at the same time. And don't get trapped in combination with skeleton swarms, they will quickly send you to temple.
• If you are inexperienced don't try to fight against beholders/witches/diabolic skeletons.
This time we will leave the city through the southern gate. Take the pick with you that Maximus given you. You will need it.
1. Walk through the fire/energy/poison fields. Make sure you have enough resources.
2. Just follow the route.
3. Follow the path to the south. Small passages, don't get trapped.
4. Follow the path to the south west.
5. Follow the path to the east.
6. Follow the path, but be carefull there might be a beholder lured from the east.
7. Open the skeleton corpse to obtain your key. There is an diabolic skeleton in the room!
WATCH YOUR STEP!
8. Get back to the first floor and follow the green line and go down. You will encounter: 2 beholders, 1 witch and a skeleton warrior. CLOSE THE DOOR, if you are inexperienced.
Keep in mind Story Mode I is pretty easy to finish. from Story Mode II the difficulty increases rapidly.